last updated: 15 April 2012
Here are some useful extensions, scripts, and tutorials for Tumblr. Scripts require a simple, one click install for Google Chrome. Firefox users may need to download Greasemonkey first before installing scripts.
As far as I know, these scripts/extensions can work together.
I’ll add more links as I think of them, and feel free to share your own tips or resources.
- Missing E - Probably the most popular Tumblr extension. Features: one click reblog/queue/drafts, automatically clears all tags when reblogging, adds tags to ask/reply, allows one click reply to comments, shuffle queue, adds timestamp to posts on your dashboard, replaces text (reblog, notes) with picture icons, and more. Downside: Tumblr apparently hates Missing E, and will try to scare you into disabling it.
- Xkit - Similar to Missing E. Some additional features: Unfollower check, shorten long posts on dashboard, highlight key terms in posts, download mp3 from audio posts.
- Tumblr Savior - Blacklist tags that you do not want to see on your dashboard. Downside: Not everyone tags.
Some selections from a larger collection of scripts (please note that I don’t use all of these, so I don’t know which ones still work):
- Tumblr Life - Quick links to sort your dashboard by content (photos, text, quotes, video, etc), adds keyboard shortcuts.
- Tumblr Hate - Do you keep seeing the same post reblogged in your dashboard? This script lets you “hate” that post so you won’t see it again.
- Tumblr Helper - Create post templates with common settings, add personal notes to users on your dashboard
- Tumtaster - download mp3s from tumblr
- Notification eraser - Maybe you have one post that keeps getting a ton of notes and you want the notifications to stop showing up in your dash.
- Tumblr Stats - hover over an avatar to see a user’s stats
- Block posts by source - self-explanatory
- Don’t Ask - gets rid of ask posts on your dashboard
- Make avatars bigger on your dashboard
- Unfollower check
- Edit tags from your dash
- How to unfollow deactivated Tumblrs
- Tumblr Settings - Change URL, ask and submit options, enable replies, time zone settings.
- Tumblr Preferences - Dashboard preferences, email address and password reset.
- Tumblr bookmarklet
- Tumblr Mega-Editor - mass edit your posts
- Use old customize theme page
- http://www.tumblr.com/show/photos (replace photos with other types of posts to filter your dash)
- How to reblog by post type (reblog a post as text, link, etc)
- Use “read more”
- Tumblr Backup Application (for Mac)
- View posts by date on a tumblr - http://username.tumblr.com/day/YEAR/MONTH/DAY [ie: 2011/12/31]
- Tumblr Radar Archive
- Best of your tumblr - find your most popular posts
- Tumblr Stats - tells you about your tumblr
- Tumblr Tags - view all your tags
- Disqus - add comments section to your tumblr
- Trntbl - listen to all the music/audio posts on a tumblr
- Make a word cloudTumblr theme cutomization:
- Make a blogroll
- Theme recovery
- Combine ask and submit box
- How to add text to your ask page
- More tumblr resources: tumblring.net - academyoftumblr - tutorialsandmore
- Google Analytics
- Revolver Map
- Users online / Visitor counter
- Flag counter
- Followers counter
- Know Anon - if you are getting harassed by anons, you can use this to find out their identity
- Tumblr Stalkr - see who doesn’t follow you, new followers, and unfollowers
- The name of the Doctor
- What happened in Budapest
- How Sherlock survived
- Where the fuck the Hannibal fandom came from
“Not since the accident.” can be the answer to any question.
you guys are leaving out “think of the children” as a way to persuade anybody to do something for you
“but everything changed when the fire nation attacked”
i am so slow
you can look at the posts on a certain day?
url.tumblr.com/day/2011/12/25 <- what you posted last christmas
omfg chRIST WHY DIDN’T I KNOW THIS BEFORE????
makes my fckn life EASIER
BECAUSE ABSOLUTELY NOTHING OF USE IS EVER IN THE HELP SECTION
I MUST SPREAD THE WORD TO MY FOLLOWERS
As soon as you turn the lights off start masturbating. No monster wants to see that shit. While doing it, stare at the corner and whisper, tenderly, “this is for you”.
And then the shadows growl at you and say, “Mine. You’re all mine.”
Proceed to have a secret relationship with the monster in your closet to make the shadows jealous.
Plot Twist: The Monster wants a threesome with you and the shadows.
I found this oddly arousing.
i like my men how i like my tea
thrown in the boston harbor
I like my men like I like my wine.
Twelve years old and locked in a basement.
I like my men how I like my meat
ground up and in the freezer
I like my men how I like my books
bound in leather
I like my men how I like my homework
spread all over the table
one on top of the other
I like my men how I like my girls
Pretty and witty and gay